Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Potent Potables for $3,000


My smartypants of a husband participated in a local trivia competition last week. The proceeds from the tenth annual Brain Game went to the Literacy Volunteers of Rochester. David and his team came in second. But in all fairness, he came in second to a team called the "Intellectual Insolvents." Did he really have a chance? He should have brought Jack. Haha.

Here's a link to the article in today's "Daily Record":

http://nydailyrecord.com/blog/2010/10/19/bankruptcy-team-wins-10th-brain-game/

5 comments:

David said...

I would like to point out that my team did not get a wrong answer in any of the (four) earlier rounds, and only missed the "final jeopardy" question, which was:
Where were the 1964 Summer Olympics held?
A) Rome
B) Tokyo
C) Mexico City
D) Melbourne, Australia

Jaime and Ryan said...

OMG - literacy and jeopardy?! What a great combo! Dave and Ryan would give Alex T. a run for his money!! Now I am envisioning the SNL skits with Sean Connery! :)

I would not have known the answer to that last question...

Moe said...

Way to go, Ken Jennings!

Nicole said...

Duh, B)Tokyo.
Just kidding Dave, I totally just googled that.

Pat said...

Da DA dA Da da da da da da da......
the Jeopardy theme song!
WAY to GO DAVE!!!