Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010 and Happy Birthday Matt

IMG_0642



Since it's Matt's birthday today I thought it was appropriate to include a post about the leaf blower. Every time we asked Jack what he wanted from Santa he would quickly reply, "a leaf blower." We're still not really sure what sparked the interest. I have a feeling it was because shortly before we started asking him it was fall and we had gone on several walks. Most of the time when you walk in wooded areas around here (during the fall) you see people outside raking or using leafblowers. Anyway, Jack was pleasantly surprised when we mentioned that Santa had left a present with Uncle Matt. This was his reaction to the big reveal.

When we turned on the leafblower it was VERY loud. Jack was a little scared at first. That was until Lily and the rest of us took turns with the new toy. There's something very funny about our sweet little Lily wielding a leaf blower.


Jack then decided it was his turn. A love affair was born.

His dad taught him everything he knows about leaf organization and removal.

Cheers to 2010 and Happy Birthday to Uncle Matt. Matt, hope you get something as spectacular as a leaf blower for your birthday. Thank you.

2 comments:

Moe said...

I LOVE that photo of Jack with his hands over his mouth in surprise! So cute. I think that leaf blower might end up giving just as much as the accordian does, but Jack is definitely welcome to take a road trip to Cincy next fall to show off his skills.

Bridge said...

I love these photos so much. Jack's look of overwhelmed joy and terror upon opening the leaf blower, Lily resembling one of the New Jersey housewives in her velour suit, and finally Jack gleefully taking care of the mounting leaf issues in your home. I love those kiddos.