One of the things I love most about living in Pittsford is our proximity to the Erie Canal. I swear in a former life I must have lived right on the canal...or maybe I helped dig it. Either way, it is such a beautiful, historical waterway. There are so many great towns and villages that are located right on the Erie Canal too. I can't wait to get some pictures when the leaves start changing.
The Sam Patch

There is always something to do at the canal. Jack loves to feed the ducks.

And pigeons. Does this picture make you squeamish or is it just me?

Two Buds

The canal is a great place to sit and clear your head

It's also a perfect spot to try out your new rain boots (thanks Daniels family)

You can walk hand in hand with the one you love

You can go to Wahl's for an icecream and check yourself out in their fun mirrors

You can sing as you walk and happily use your grandfather's head as a bongo drum

You can share a laugh or a smile

You can race for ice cream cones

You can drink in the beauty that is all around us.

5 comments:
HOW BEAUTIFUL!
I love that you're in pittsford now. I kind of miss it. I don't miss the snow, but I do miss a lot about that area.
Awesome photos!
So jealous. What a great way to spend the afternoon! Can't wait to come visit so we can stroll "15 miles on the Erie Canal." Or maybe just 0.5 miles. We'll see.
So sweet! I'm with you Car - I totally miss the canal too!
Post a Comment